Here are 19 things to try out in January!
1. It wouldn’t be January without the sales! Our shops are full of great offers so you can start the year by bagging a bargain or two.
2. Want to see a show or a band in January? The Royal Spa Centre or The Assembly are the places to go.
3. Thinking of giving Veganuary a go? You’ll find delicious vegan options at Bill’s Restaurant to give you a night off from cooking!
4. We love stationery, and Paperchase has it all, including diaries to get organised and notelets to nail those thank you letters. Or why not buy a notebook and start writing that novel?!
5. Discover your new favourite artist at Castle Fine Art, Whitewall Galleries or Snap Galleries – take a break from the bustle of shopping to immerse yourself in these collections of art.
6. Freshen up your wardrobe for the new year in The Royal Priors where gents can look sharp in Thorburns and ladies and can shop till they drop at Topshop.
7. Get set for a tasty 2019 and visit Regent Court with a huge range of food ranging from Yo Sushi, Turtle Bay to Creams and Zou Bisou. There is something for every taste bud.
8. If you never want to look at another chocolate or mince pie again, visit Pure & Raw for something healthy and fresh.
9. Put the 27th January into your diary as it’s Chocolate Cake Day. Treat yourself to a slice from one of the many coffee shops in Leamington such as Leif Tearooms and Café Royal
10. Cosy up with a good book from Waterstones to make the dark evenings pass quicker Become absorbed into a series or finish that one book you are half way through. If you are a music lover, visit Head to find the perfect tunes.
11. Short days and cold weather getting you down? There’s no better time to head to Thomas Cook or TUI to book yourself a trip somewhere warm and sunny!
12. We’re feeling the need to nest this month, so it’s a great time to focus on your home. Update your décor with new accessories, like the Tarina collection from Oliver Bonas.
13. Take in a film at Vue Cimena, Mary Poppins has just opened and guarantees some giggles to banish the January blues.
14. Planning a sporty new you? Sign up to the Regency 10k or the Leamington Half Marathon to give you a goal or take a trip to The Fitness Space to get in shape in 2019.
15. Leamington Art Gallery and Museum or Jephson Gardens is the perfect place to enjoy a spot of sociable downtime with friends or family when you are in Leamington Spa.
16. There are tempting winter menus galore, so whatever you fancy you’re sure to find something at our restaurants to warm your cockles… like the aptly named ‘The Mighty’ from GBK.
17. It’s the season of resolutions and Flying Tiger Copenhagen’s new range of weights, yoga mats and blocks will start you on the path to a happy, healthy new year.
18. Revamp your shoe collection with the new styles that are coming in for 2019 at Clark’s, Pavers and Ecco. Also, you can enjoy their Sales to update your kicks.
19. Do you like gaming or are you in the gaming industry? Interactive Futures runs from 31st January to 2nd February and is a gaming festival organised by gaming enthusiasts.